Herb Schneider Memorial
2009 Aug 08
Herb Schneider, 1936
Tape recording of the memorial:
Handout at the Memorial:
Foods Herb liked served at the Memorial:
Links to stories of Herb's life:
- Mushroom Soup
- Toblerone "Swiss Milk Chocolate with Honey and Almond Nougat"
- Iron Rations (chocolate squares)
- Other foods he liked (but not served): how could we forget??
- Fresh Corn on the cob - grown in the back yard and microwaved
with the husk on. Watch out, it's hot!
- creamed spinach!
- "See you later alligator!"
- "In a while crocodile!"
- "I've forgotten more than I ever knew."
- "Let's get some light on the subject."
"Strange is our situation here upon
earth. Each of us comes for a short visit,
not knowing why, yet sometimes seeming
to divine a purpose. From the standpoint
of daily life, however, there is one
thing we know: that man is here for the
sake of other men . . . above all, for those
upon whose smile and well-being our
own happiness depends, and also for the
countless unknown souls with whose fate
we are connected by a bond-of sympathy.
Many times a day I realize how much
my own outer and inner life is built upon
the labors of my fellow men, both living
and dead, and how earnestly I must exert
myself in order to give in return as much
as I have received."
(* found in his wallet)
Tom Schneider's Home Page
origin: 2009 Aug 13
updated: 2012 Jul 02